Make sure you’re ready to go
Three months before your wedding:
- Make sure your passports are valid. If the bride is changing her name and travelling in her married name, contact the passport office to do this at least three months in advance.
- Decide on a basic itinerary.
- Book your flights and make sure you know when you will be receiving them.
- Book at least your first few days' accommodation.
- Book your car hire and transfers, and make sure you have up-to-date drivers’ licenses.
- Look into all the necessary vaccinations and have them as soon as possible.
- Investigate insurance policies.
Three weeks before your wedding:
- Your itinerary should now be finalised, some activities pre-booked and hotels confirmed in writing.
- Order your currency, including plenty of travellers’ cheques and foreign currency if necessary.
- Collect all the necessary paperwork -- tickets, passports, addresses and phone numbers of hotels, driver's licences and insurance details -- and file it together in a safe place.
- Ask a member of your wedding party to collect your wedding clothes from the hotel and store or return them to hire shops.
- Begin to plan your packing and start buying things you need -- don't leave it until the night before your wedding.
- Make arrangements for someone to look after your wedding presents -- honeymooning newlyweds are often prime targets for break-ins.
- Relax! If you've followed these steps, it's all under control...
What would you like to search for?
Venues & Suppliers