Great lines to copy for a groom’s wedding speech
Finish your groom’s wedding speech with these fabulous lines you can pinch!
Don’t sweat over your groom’s wedding speech (after all, you’ve got the honeymoon to organize and probably pay for too!) Just sit back and take inspiration from (or copy) some of these great lines:
To thank your guests…
- “I am overwhelmed by how many of you came today and I want you to know how much my wife and I appreciate you all being here to share this day with us.”
- “I’m going to speak for both of us when I say how much I appreciate you all taking the time to be here today. And thank you so much for your generous presents. We will be circulating later and hope to have the chance to talk to all of you.”
To thank her parents…
- “I saw Ken looking so proud as he walked down the aisle with Andrea and I hope that they will be as happy to have me as their own son-in-law as I am to have them as my parents-in-law. I just want to reassure them that I love Sarah and will do everything in my power to make her as happy for the rest of her life as I know she is today.”
To thank your parents…
- “My mum and dad have been great and I’d like to thank them for all the support they have given me over the years and for their kindness towards Sarah. I know that she really loves having you as her new in-laws.”
- “When I proposed to Sarah, I did so in the knowledge that, not only do I love her, but also that marriage can be the most wonderful thing in the world. I know that because my parents have been married for 30 years and are still in love. I hope that Sarah and I can be as happy as the two of you.”
To your bride...
- “Sarah, you know that I love you and I hope that by marrying you today, in front of everyone we care about, you will see just how much you mean to me. I am so proud to be your husband, and I want us to grow old and grey together.”
- “Sarah, or as I should now say, Mrs Smith, I couldn’t believe my luck when you first agreed to go out with me. Now that you are my wife, I’ve got everything I ever wanted, and I’m looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you.”
- For more ideas, consult our useful book on the groom’s speech and duties.