The Confetti East guide to South Asian weddings
A typical South Asian wedding is a week-long affair with lots of rituals, traditions, rich colours, fabulous food, music and fun. Follow the Confetti East guide to organising, attending, or incorporating interesting aspects of ethnic weddings into your own...
Whether you’re planning a Hindu, a Sikh or an Islamic wedding, you can use our handy tips to help you with your dream wedding.
If you are not of South Asian origin but want to add something different to your wedding, you’ll find great ideas that you can use to add that extra spice to your big day…
- The best and worst times to get hitched
- Wedding dressing - eastern style!
- Go east with Confetti
- Planning a South Asian wedding: the Confetti East guide
- Wedding fashion and beauty: the complete Confetti East guide
- Happily ever after: a Confetti East guide to relationships, compatibility and well-being
- A-Z of terms used in South Asian wedding ceremonies
- A bride’s guide to the wedding lehenga
- What is unique about South Asian weddings?
- 10 interesting facts you didn’t know about Indian weddings
- Meaningful Indian traditions to include in your wedding
- Etiquette guide: attending a South Asian wedding ceremony
- How to plan and order the perfect bridal outfit
- The Confetti East guide to trousseau shopping
- How to get a dream bridal outfit on a budget
- How to choose a style to suit your body type
- Preserving your wedding ensemble
- Confetti East’s A-Z of fashion terms
- The Indian bridal sari: a regional guide
- A shopping guide to the Indian subcontinent
- Body art with henna or 'mehndi'
- Dos and Don’ts of shopping in the Indian subcontinent
- How to get a deeper, darker colour with henna
- Some interesting facts about henna
- Reiki for beauty, health and happiness
- Look fabulous on your wedding day
- Top tips to ensure that you have a great hair day
- Top budgeting tips for a fabulous wedding
- 10 ways to personalise your wedding
- Great tips for making a marriage work
- Make friends and win influence with your mother-in-law
- The Confetti East guide to the first year of marriage
- How to avoid the most common planning mistakes
- Planning the perfect inter-faith wedding
- Wedding entertainment to suit your budget
- Top tips to make your Henna Night a success
- Are you finding it difficult to plan your guest list?