FREE shipping on orders over £59

Ask Kate: Can my friend who is a minister in the US marry us in the UK?

April 15, 2013

Kate Thompson has been offering heart-felt advice and sparklingly different wedding inspiration for ten years. She is married with two children, and often features in the national press. With her warm and caring nature and off-beat sense of humour, she'll answer every question with knowledgable insight and understanding to help and inspire or simply restore your peace of mind.


I’m getting married in the UK, but my best friend is a minister in the United States and I’d like him to perform the wedding. If he is ordained in the US can he perform wedding in the UK?


It will depend but is unlikely I’m afraid.  You would need to discuss it with the minister of the church in which you would like to marry. Sorry I can’t be of more help on this occasion.

Get social and share this article!