Ask Kate: Place Names
August 6, 2013
Kate Thompson has been offering heart-felt advice and sparklingly different wedding inspiration for ten years.
She is married with two children, and often features in the national press. With her warm and caring nature and
off-beat sense of humour, she'll answer every question with knowledgable insight and understanding to help and
inspire or simply restore your peace of mind.
I’d like to have an unusual ‘place card’ for each guest at my wedding. Do you have any ‘different’ ideas?
Here are a few ideas!
1. Buy simple white or ivory place cards. Stick a ‘jewel’ or a bead in the corner of each one.
2. Buy some large pebbles from a garden centre. Make sure they’re cleak and write names with gold or silver pen, or with glass paints.
3. Collect a number of large big dark green leaves a day before the party, write the guests name on in gold then varnish them with clear varnish.
4. Buy glass candle votives and write guests names on them with glass paint.
5. Instead of a traditional wedding cake, give each guest a fairy cake or a cookie with their name on.
6. Tie name tags around alcohol miniatures or favour boxes.
7. For a summer wedding, tie name tags around the sticks of cocktail umbrellas and place them in each glass.
Get social and share this article!