Wedding favours are your little thank you gifts to each of your guests, and they also add colour and interest to your reception tables. The traditional five sugared almonds symbolised good luck, but the more contemporary iced cookies and cupcakes are a delicious and eye-catching addition to your wedding day.
Home-made edible wedding favours
Home-made wedding favours are unique and personal little gifts for your guests. Make jams or chutneys, cupcakes or cookies, or even your own chocolates. How you present these home made treats to make them look extra special will add to your reception table decor.
Creative cost-cutting favour ideas
- Leave a home-baked cookie iced with each guest’s name as a deliciously unique favour that will also act as a place card.
- Place a vintage cupcake stand topped with homemade cakes in tiny glass bell jars with each guest’s name on as your centrepiece.
- Buy colourful foil covered chocolates in bulk and use to fill novelty shaped clear favour boxes for eye-catching table decorations.
Personalised wedding favours
Adding a label or sticker to your favours with a special message, your guest’s name or your wedding details makes it a personalised gift and a keepsake to treasure long after the big day.
Add a colourful luggage style label to a drawstring bag with a pretty ribbon or simply add a sticker to a glass jar or tin container that can be taken home and used again.
- Have personalised stickers printed with your names or initials alongside the wedding date and a special message for all your guests.
- Use labels or stickers that match your invitations and other wedding stationery so everything is coordinated.
- Add a feather or floral decoration to each ribbon-tied label for added decoration.
Woven natural rustic green favour boxes with personalised labels and feather detail | Mini linen drawstring pouch with personalised label | Mini glass jar with personalised sticker | Yellow organza bag with bow with personalised peacock design label | Round tins with personalised stickers
Novelty edible wedding favours
If you’re looking for something a little unusual that will raise a smile then novelty favours are for you. From a simple chocolate love heart lolly in a tiny flower pot keepsake to the mini French style pitchers that can be used to serve bread to the fun gumball machine and slot machine ideas, there’s something for every taste.
Novelty edible favour ideas
- Mix colourful jelly beans, sugared almonds or foil covered chocolates in an unusual novelty shaped favour box.
- For a British seaside themed wedding give your guests ‘Just Married’ sticks of rock or rock sweets in your colour theme.
- Add colourful sweets or chocolates to novelty dispensers to keep your guests amused.
For more edible favour ideas and sweet fillings go to Favours in the Confetti shop.