Wedding Cake Checklist
Written by Lynsey Last updated: January 12, 2012
Helpful points to remember when choosing a wedding cake supplier!
Photo courtesy of Shaw Shots
Selection and presentation
- What kind of cake would you like – traditional fruitcake, sponge cake, etc?
- How would you like your cake presented – flat, stacked or tiered? Round or square? Individual cakes?
- How will the cake be eaten? With fingers or forks? Served or taken home in favour boxes?
- Consider the decorations. Will you need fresh flowers or sugar paste? A cake topper? Ribbon?
- How and when will the cake be transported? Is there a delivery charge?
- Are there appropriate refrigeration facilities on site?
- Are the decorations edible? Are there any nut allergies?
- Who will provide the knife and cake stand?
- Does your baker provide free tastings?
- Can they recommend a trusted cake topper supplier?
- Have they delivered to the venue before?
- Are there flavours cheaper than others?
- How long in advance will they bake the cake?
- How big a cake do they recommend for your size wedding?
Bookings and payment
- What is the cancellation/postponement policy?
- How far in advance are bookings required?
- How much is the deposit to secure the date and when is it due?
- How soon after the event is the balance due?
- Is VAT included in the final price?
- Have you confirmed dates, times and details with a written contract?
- Do you have insurance?
Find more great ideas on our Inspiration wedding cake pages!
Find the cake, catering, food and drink for your wedding on Confetti with our recommended supplier directory!