Ensure your wedding gifts reflect your personality and style by registering for a gift list with Amazon.co.uk. Whether you need to furnish your home with traditional gift-list favourites likes luxury…
Written by Ali Beaven Last updated: December 8, 2012
Winter weddings can be a fabulous affair, and so we were delighted when Confetti asked for our thoughts on the perfect winter wish list. We’re thinking – frosty days and mulled wine, crackling fires and that final scene from Bridget Jones – The Edge of Reason. Snow, fairy lights and romance please.
So, with that picture firmly in mind, here are our top ten recommendations for your perfect winter wedding list…
10. Le Creuset ovenware, perfect for hearty stews and hot pots! It’s still the most popular brand at Prezola for couples and their guests, plus it’ll last you a lifetime and become your own heirloom. Shown here in cassis (beef stew not included!).
9. Hunter wellies. Opt for something a bit unusual for your list and choose His & Hers wellies. Santa would be proud to be seen in these!
8. Reindeer hide rug. Nobody mention Rudolph! Animal hide rugs and throws are hugely popular among our non-vegetarian couples, particularly this gorgeous range from Graham & Green which starts at £165.
7. Woollen throw. Snuggle up together in front of a fire with one of these babies; it’s the ultimate woollen throw from Anthropologie.
6. No one does a scented candle quite like The White Company and our favourite has to be their ‘Winter’ range. Nothing smells more like Christmas.
5. Christmas china. Not obvious things to see on a Wedding Gift List, but if you’re getting married at Christmastime it really couldn’t be more perfect. Every year you’ll bring it out in time for your anniversary. We love the Snowstorm range from Emma Bridgewater, even if you only opt for the ½ pint mugs for a proper hot chocolate!
4. Romantic break. Get away to a country retreat with log fires and at least one full English breakfast. Try an old Inn in the Cotswolds with Red Letter Days from just £99.
3. Then recreate the whole thing when you get home with your own open fire. Garden Trading is always our first stop when it comes to fireside accessories.
2. Garden fire pit. Patio heaters are pretty unromantic and you might be lynched by a passing environmentalist as soon as you fire it up. But, you can still make use of your garden on crisp winter evenings with a fire pit. Try these from Notonthehighstreet starting at just £39.95.
1. A honeymoon fund. Not convinced by our romantic view of winter in Britain? Want to head for the sun? Why not ask guests to contribute to your honeymoon or towards special experiences for you to enjoy while you’re there? There are plenty of online honeymoon funds to choose from, including our own cash contribution service at Prezola.com.
Ali Beaven knows about wedding gift lists. She is an Interior Designer as well as Founder & Creative Director at Prezola.com, the UK’s fastest growing gift list company. Prezola is a free-to-use wedding gift list service bringing together over 25,000 products hand-picked from the UK’s favourite retailers such as John Lewis, M&S, The White Company, Notonthehighstreet and MacDonald Hotels. Items include everything for the home and garden alongside gift vouchers for dozens of different retailers, experience days, weekend breaks and electricals.
See more of Confetti’s great gift list articles!
Anne and David had a fantastic honeymoon - they hadn't been on holiday for many years, so they made the...