Cracking wedding speech material for you to adapt, for when you want to mention what went on at the stag do “What goes on tour, stays on tour.” For a…
Written by Agnes Los Last updated: July 5, 2014
Organising a hen party can often drive many to distraction, but by following these simple steps you should guarantee a fabulous day to remember!
1) Ask the bride to make a list of the people she wants there, remember to include (or exclude) friends, family and work colleagues too. Show the bride the list and make sure everyone on the list gets on with each other.
2) Even though you still want to surprise the bride, make sure you have a rough idea of what she would like to do. For example, does she want to want to do an activity like archery, rock climbing, does she want pampering or does she want a wild party? Maybe she wants all 3. You don’t have to spoil the surprise completely but at least get an idea of what she would like to do.
Above, clockwise from the top-left: DesignaVenture | BookaSpa.com | Voltaire Champagne Bar
3) Try and get everything organised and get in touch with everyone as soon as you can, it can be a lot harder than you think to find a venue, agree a date and a location that everyone can agree on!
4) Do not hold the Hen Party the Day before the wedding, it may be tradition but most now are held weeks beforehand, this gives you just the hen party to worry about and nothing else. There would be nothing worse than being too hung-over to enjoy the wedding properly or too worried about the wedding to enjoy the hen night properly!
Above: Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel and Spa
5) Try and discuss the budget with everyone sooner rather than later there is not point planning on limos if you only have the budget for taxis! Its normal for all the costs to be divided equally across the group – with the bride not paying for anything.
Above: Wedding Car Hire London
Looking for some great ideas on what to do on your hen night? Check out our fantastic Hen and Stag section in the directory and find some great accessory ideas in the Confetti shop.
Also, you can get even more ideas by talking to hundreds of brides in the Confetti forums.
Find further inspiration by seeing our fantastic Hen and Stag articles.