Don’t let logistics spoil your stag and hen celebrations ‐‐ be sure you’ve got a plan worth sticking to.
Time to get your hen party or stag do organised!
Don’t let logistics spoil your stag and hen celebrations. To make everything go according to plan, be sure you’ve got a plan worth sticking to.
- Draw up list of people to invite, and consult the bride/groom.
- Select a town/venue that’s easily accessible to everyone.
- Decide on what kind of stag/hen you think would be best for the people involved, and think about what the bride or groom would like to do.
- Set the itinerary and make inquiries and provisional bookings.
- Don’t go too over the top. You might like the idea of a week in Barcelona, but not everyone will want to spend that amount of time or money celebrating the occasion. If you want to do something big, stick to close friends only.
- Create and send out invites.
- Let stags/hens know well in advance if there’s anything extra they should bring such as props, old photos, a change of clothes, etc.
- Give out your email address and mobile number and be available to answer queries about directions, accommodation, etc.
- Pre‐book everything you can so you aren’t thwarted by not being able to get into a venue/restaurant. Confirm in writing or by email, especially for accommodation, and reconfirm the day before.
- Make sure everyone knows exactly where you’re meeting eg which bar of the hotel? Which entrance of the station? Give a contact number ‐‐ ideally a mobile phone ‐‐ for last‐minute changes/confirmations.
- Make sure everyone knows roughly how much the do will cost, and that they’ll be helping to cover the bride’s/groom’s costs. Let everyone know how and when payment is to be made.
- Have a fall‐back meeting‐place for late arrivals or people who get lost.
Think ahead about how you’ll be getting home. Do you need to arrange transport, book taxis, or send younger members of the party home earlier?