Getting married in Florida and Walt Disney World
June 6, 2006. Written by Paula Jones
White sand beaches, fantastic theme parks and year‐round sunshine make Florida an ideal wedding venue.
Why get married in Florida and Walt Disney World?
Approximately 100 miles long and 400 miles wide, Florida boasts a wonderful semi‐tropical climate and hundreds of miles of white sand beaches. The Sunshine State is located on a large peninsula at the most southern point of the eastern coast of the United States, just over 1000 miles south of New York City.
Probably best known for its theme parks such as Disney World and Universal studios, Florida can combine a fairytale wedding with a relaxing honeymoon.
What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in Florida and Walt Disney World?
Florida has so much to offer when it comes to wedding ceremonies ‐‐ from Disney World to a lakeside gazebo, or a religious service in a chapel. Legally recognised marriage ceremonies can be performed by all regularly ordained ministers of a church, and all judicial officers, clerks of the circuit courts and notaries of the state.
Is it wedding weather?
|Max. temp. (°F)*
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)
What’s the flight time?
What’s the time difference?
Do I need a visa to enter the country?
US visa or waiver form required
What’s the wedding paperwork?
- Residency There are no residency requirements in Florida, but you must obtain your marriage licence first.
- Medical checks None required.
- Proof of ID Valid passports are required, as are birth certificates. You need to prove your age, for which a passport or birth certificate is acceptable.
- Divorced If either of you is divorced, you must bring along a copy of your Decree Absolute, clearly indicating the date and place where the decree is registered.
- Widowed If either of you has been widowed, you will need to show the death certificate of your former spouse.
- Age restriction You must be a minimum of 18 years old to marry in Florida without parental consent.
- Name change If you have changed your name by deed poll, legal proof, stamped and signed by a solicitor, is required. This also applies if a married woman has reverted to her maiden name.
- Adopted If you are adopted, the adoption certificate must be produced.
Glamorous and exotic, a wedding here could be the perfect...read more
Get social and share this article!