FREE shipping on orders over £59

Getting married in Grenada

Written by    Last updated: June 6, 2006

Beautiful scenery and stunning beaches for a Caribbean wedding that’s made in heaven

Why get married in Grenada?

Lying just north of Trinidad, in the southernmost part of the Windward Islands, this picturesque Caribbean island is blessed with some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful scenery and stunning white sand beaches.

Considered by many to be the jewel of an already very special island group, Grenada is famous for its spices, tropical mountain forest, and beautiful bays. It boasts pretty tropical gardens and hillsides that are a naturalist’s paradise!

What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in Grenada?

You can choose from many locations including a chapel, beach or simply in the grounds of your hotel. In Grenada you may be married by a Magistrate or a Minister of a religion.

Is it wedding weather?

  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Max temp (°F)* 84 84 84 86 86 86 86 87 87 87 86 84
Sunshine hours* 7 7 8 8 9 9 8 8 8 7 7 7
Rainfall (inches)* 4 3 2 2 4 7 6 6 8 9 10 5
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

9.5 hours

What’s the time difference?

GMT ‐4

Do I need a visa to enter the country?


What’s the wedding paperwork?

  • Residency You must be resident for three working days, excluding bank holidays, before you can apply for a marriage licence.
  • Proof of status You need an affidavit, or a letter from a clergyman, lawyer, or Registrar, on official letterhead, confirming that you have not been married before or are free to marry.
  • Proof of ID Your original Birth Certificates and valid passports are needed. You must also provide your full names, addresses, occupations and religions ‐ plus those of your parents.
  • Divorced If you are divorced your Decree Absolute with court stamp is needed.
  • Widowed If you are widowed you must provide the death certificate of your deceased spouse.
  • Age restrictions If you are under 21, parental consent is required in the form of an affidavit, stamped and signed by a solicitor.
  • Name change If your name has been changed by Deed Poll you must provide legal proof, stamped and signed by a solicitor. This also applies if a married woman has reverted back to her maiden name.
  • Adopted If you are adopted the adoption certificate is required.

This article was written by

Page: 1 2Next >