Imagine your wedding on a tropical white‐sand beach, with palm trees swaying in the breeze and traditional Hawaiian music playing in the background…
Why get married in Hawaii?
Why get married in Hawaii?
Discovered by Captain Cook in 1778, the Hawaiian Islands are now famous as one of the world’s premier year‐round holiday resorts, conjuring up visions of a tropical paradise.
Some 130 islands, sandbars and reefs make up this Pacific state and with its closest neighbour being the Christmas Island chain, around 2000 miles to the south, Hawaii is the most isolated group of islands on earth.
What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in Hawaii?
Ceremonies can be indoors, in a church, chapel or hotel, or outdoors in a beautiful tropical location. You can take a helicopter flight into the forest or even write your vows in the sunken remains of a ship ‐‐ just about anything goes in Hawaii.
Is it wedding weather?
|Max temp (°F)*||80||75||77||78||80||82||89||82||82||82||80||78|
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)
What’s the flight time?
What’s the time difference?
Do I need a visa to enter the country?
US visa or waiver form required
What’s the wedding paperwork?
- Residency There are no residence or citizenship requirements, but two full working days may be required to process documents.
- Medical checks None required.
- Proof of ID You both need a full 10‐year valid passport and copies of your birth certificates.
- Divorced You must produce your Decree Absolute if you are divorced.
- Widowed If you are widowed the death certificate of your deceased spouse will be required.
- Age restrictions The legal age to marry is 18 years for you both. However, with the written consent of both parents, legal guardian or family court, it is possible to marry as young as 15.
How do I obtain a marriage licence?
Application to marry must be filed with a marriage licence agent in the state. Applications cannot be made by post: both of you will need to appear personally before the marriage licence agent. The licence is valid for 30 days from the date of issue, after which time it will become and void. The fee for a licence is around $60, payable in cash at the time of application.
Where can I find further information?
Honolulu Marriage Licence Office
Room 101 (1st floor)
Health Department Building
1250 Punchbowl Street
24 Grosvenor Square
Tel: 0207 499 9000
confetti makes reasonable efforts to obtain data from reliable sources and to keep the contents reasonably accurate. However, specifications and requirements may change and confetti cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content or information. We strongly advise you to consult other sources of information including the embassies or consulates of the countries in question or local lawyers.