FREE shipping on orders over £59

Getting married in St. Kitts and Nevis

Written by    Last updated: June 6, 2006

An island haven that’s perfect for an undisturbed tropical wedding

Why get married in St. Kitts and Nevis?

A little off the beaten track, with an unhurried way of life and a welcome unrivalled in the Caribbean, St. Kitts offers just about everything except the crowds. The island is a scenically and historically fascinating haven, with some quietly some excellent restaurants and even a casino. Just a two‐mile ferry ride away, Nevis offers the real Caribbean where total relaxation is the order of the day.

What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in St. Kitts and Nevis?

The choice is yours ‐‐ your ceremony could be held in the grounds of your hotel, in a church of almost any denomination, amongst historic ruins, in a rustic gazebo in a picturesque garden and, of course, on the beach.

Is it wedding weather?

  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Max temp (°F)* 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 86 86 85 84 82
Sunshine hours* 7 7 8 8 8 8 8 8 7 7 7 7
Rainfall (inches)* 4 2 2 2 4 4 4 5 6 6 5 4
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

9 hours

What’s the time difference?

GMT ‐4

Do I need a visa to enter the country?


What’s the wedding paperwork?

  • Residency One or both of you must be resident on the islands for two working days (Monday to Friday) prior to your marriage.
  • Proof of ID You’ll need to have your birth certificates and a valid passport.
  • Divorced If either of you are divorced the Decree Absolute with court stamp will be required.
  • Widowed If you are widowed the Death Certificate of your deceased spouse must be produced.
  • Age restrictions If you are under 18, parental consent in the form of Statutory Declaration, stamped and signed by a solicitor, must be provided.
  • Name change If your name has been changed by Deed Poll you must provide legal proof, stamped and signed by a solicitor. This also applies if a married woman has reverted back to her maiden name.
  • Adopted If you are adopted you will need to provide the adoption certificate.

This article was written by

Page: 1 2Next >