FREE shipping on orders over £59

Getting married in the Turks and Caicos

Written by    Last updated: June 6, 2006

Marry at sunset on a beach in this completely unspoilt part of the Bahamas

Why get married in the Turks and Caicos?

This beautiful British Crown Colony of 40 islands and cays ‐‐ an extension of the Bahamas group ‐‐ is a place where you can still completely get away from it all. Breathtaking turquoise waters, white sand, snorkelling and diving as good as anywhere in the world, fascinating historical sites, a friendly welcome and virtually no crime… need we say more?

What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in the Turks and Caicos?

In Turks and Caicos you can choose from a traditional church wedding ceremony in any of the major denominations, or a civil ceremony at your hotel, at the Marriage Office or court house or on a beach in the sunset. For church weddings, most ministers require proof of membership.

Is it wedding weather?

  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Max temp (°F)* 77 77 80 82 84 87 89 89 88 85 82 79
Sunshine hours* 7 7 7 9 10 8 9 9 7 7 7 7
Rainfall (inches)* 2 1 1 2 4 9 6 8 7 7 2 2
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

11.5 hours

What’s the time difference?

GMT ‐5 hours

Do I need a visa to enter the country?


What’s the wedding paperwork? 

  • Residency You need to be resident for one day before you can apply for a marriage licence. There is then a time period of 2‐3 days before you can receive the licence, after which you are free to marry.
  • Proof of status A sworn affidavit must be obtained prior to your date of travel, declaring that you are both single and free to marry.
  • Proof of ID Your birth certificates and valid 10‐year passports will be required to prove your identity. A letter stating your occupations, marital status, age, present address and father’s full name must also be produced.
  • Divorced If either of you are divorced you’ll need to produce the original Decree Absolute.
  • Widowed If you are widowed the death certificate of your former spouse is required.
  • Age restrictions If you are under 21, evidence is required of consent of one or both parents or guardian in the form of an affidavit, stamped by the Notary Public.
  • Name change If your name has been changed by deed poll you must provide legal proof.
  • Adopted If you are adopted, your papers are required.

Please note that all original documents must be presented to the Registrar by the person completing the forms.

This article was written by

Page: 1 2Next >