FREE shipping on orders over £59

Getting married in Trinidad and Tobago

Written by    Last updated: June 6, 2006

Why not tie the knot beneath a cascading Caribbean waterfall?

Why get married in Trinidad?

Trinidad and Tobago give you the best of both worlds. Almost all of Trinidad’s hotels and restaurants lie in the foothills around the Port of Spain, while just an hour away is a primeval rain forest, teeming with wildlife. Tobago is still largely unspoilt and where Trinidad beats to the sounds and rhythms of steel drums, Tobago offers the more restrained sounds of the jungle and countryside, and a quietly relaxing lifestyle to match.

What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in Trinidad?

Wedding venues in Trinidad and Tobago include rustic gazebos and beautiful gardens. You can tie the knot within the stunning rain forest or beneath a dramatic waterfall. You can even have your ceremony on board a boat or, for something different, on horse back ‐‐ and, of course, in a church.

Is it wedding weather?

  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Max temp (°F)* 86 86 88 90 90 88 88 88 90 90 88 86
Sunshine hours* 7 8 8 8 8 6 7 7 7 7 7 7
Rainfall (inches)* 4 2 2 2 5 9 9 8 7 8 9 8
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

8.5 hours

What’s the time difference?

GMT ‐4 hours

Do I need a visa to enter the country?


What’s the wedding paperwork?

  • Residency: You must both be resident in Trinidad and Tobago for a minimum of 3 days before your wedding ceremony but it is important to note that the day of your arrival is not counted in the three‐day period.
  • Proof of ID: You must both produce identification in the form of your original birth certificates and passports and proof of entry documents ‐ airline tickets and immigration cards.
  • Divorced: If you are divorced you must produce your Decree Absolute with court stamp.
  • Widowed: If you are widowed you must produce the Death Certificate of your former spouse.
  • Age restrictions: If you’re under 18, you must obtain parental consent in the form of a Statutory Declaration, which is stamped and signed by a solicitor.
  • Name change: If you have changed your name by Deed Poll you must supply legal proof stamped and signed by a solicitor. This also applies if you are a divorced woman and have reverted back to your maiden name.

This article was written by

Page: 1 2Next >