This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website confetti.co.uk (“our Website”, “our Site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
The website confetti.co.uk is a site operated by Confetti Celebrations Limited (“We/we” or “Us/us”). We are a Limited Company registered in England (with registered number 07235198). Our registered office is at 207 Knutsford Road, Grappenhall, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 2QL. Our VAT number is 997052676.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use; or
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms; or
- Forums; or
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Use of Community Facilities
- Users agree to use the personal web pages, forums , private messages, and other message or communication facilities (collectively “Community Facilities”) contained on this site, only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Community Facility, and agree to use the site and any Community Facility contained on it in accordance with all relevant laws and not for any illegal purpose.
- Users who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the Community Standards outlined below will have their Community privileges withdrawn, including forum participation, commenting on site content, and use of the online shop.
- Users will not post messages that are malicious, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, menacing in character, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, likely to cause annoyance or needles anxiety.
- Users will not post any form of advertising, spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, any posts that are obviously commercial, or attempt to solicit business in any form, including offers of free services and items.
- Users who are commercial enterprises are allowed to include a link to their business website in their signature, but are not allowed to solicit business on the site or forum in any way. Commercial users are allowed to participate in the forum discussions, but not allowed to solicit business in any way.
- Current Confetti advertisers who are participating in a paid campaign to promote their products and services on the site, are allowed to post advertising and commercial posts, including special offers, in the Advertisers’ Forum area of the forum only, and in no other place on the forum.
- Companies or individuals who wish to solicit our members’ participation in any sort of poll, survey, contest, TV show, magazine must first contact the Moderator by use of the “contact the moderator” link. The moderator will then post their message in the Want To Be Famous? section of the forum ONLY.
- Users will not post offensive or threatening messages in relation to any subject discussed on the forum, and will consider the impact on others when making their contributions.
- Users will not upload computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, corrupt files, or any other software or programs that may be harmful to the site or computers.
- Any topics posted in the wrong area of the forum will be moved by the Moderator to an appropriate area, with a shadow topic left in its place.
- Any topic which in any way violates or is against the Community Standards will be assessed by moderators and may be edited or removed.
- For Sale forum: users are encouraged and allowed to delete their own posts in this area of the forum upon completion of the sale.
- Users will not post “name & shame” or “name & praise” messages. If any user wishes to obtain a recommendation or a comment in relation to any business that another user may have had contact with, they may do so by use of the Private Message function.
- Users will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the site or Community Facility.
- Confetti reserves the right to take steps or implement measures to benefit the whole Community, and all actions taken by the moderators and administrators are final. Users are welcome to make suggestions for forum improvements via “contact the moderator” option.
Confetti considers e-mail transmitted via its service to be the private correspondence between the sender and the recipient. Confetti will not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of a user’s private communications. Confetti will not disclose to a third party, nor use for any purposes, e-mail addresses that have been entered by a user in the ‘Address Book’, ‘Guest List’ or ‘E-mail a friend’ sections. The exceptions being that we may do so;
- as required by law;
- to comply with legal process;
- if necessary to enforce Confetti’s Terms and Conditions;
- to respond to claims that such contents violate the rights of third parties;
- to protect the rights or property of confetti, or others; and
- to identify or resolve technical problems or respond to complaints about the service.
Confetti reserves the right at all times, for any reason, to withdraw any of the services offered in our Community Facilities to any user.
You agree and understand that confetti will not be liable in any way for content or messages created by users.
If you have a complaint about the use by any other user of any Community Facility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.