Written by Louise Holt Last updated: June 6, 2006
From hot cross buns to cute little bunnies, gather together everything you need for your Easter celebrations in good time…
Four weeks beforehand
- Decide on a location for your party — will you celebrate Easter at home or in a hired venue?
- Send out invitations and remember to ask for RSVPs.
- Browse the confetti shop for table decorations in summery, Easter colours.
Three weeks beforehand
- Plan your menu — lamb and spring vegetable dishes work well for a sit-down Easter dinner whilst canapés are perfect for a drinks party.
One week beforehand
- Start your food shopping — collect as many non-perishable goods as possible.
- Make any foods that can be made ahead of time.
- Buy paper plates and plastic cups and cutlery and bin liners.
Two days beforehand
- Clean out your fridge and cupboards to make room for your party food.
- Buy drinks and perishable food for the party.
- Make sure your camera and camcorder are powered up, in working order and filled with film or tape.
The day beforehand
- Clean and clear your house.
- Begin to prepare your food.
- Decorate your party venue
On the day
- Prepare remaining food and drinks.
- Enjoy yourself — happy Easter!