Make your proposal the most romantic and heartfelt moment of your lives. Be inspired by our favourite proposal ideas and enthralled by two of the loveliest celebrity proposals of all time.
All Images Courtesy of Blackcarat
1. On top of the Eiffel Tower, Paris After a very public whirlwind romance, Hollywood star Tom Cruise proposed to actress Katie Holmes after a candlelit dinner at the restaurant on top of the Eiffel Tower. Paris really is the most romantic city in the world and this
proposal takes some beating.
2. In glow-in-the dark stars on the ceiling Spell out your marriage proposal in some place they aren’t expecting to see it – using alphabet fridge magnets, in lipstick on the bathroom mirror, or using glow-in-the dark stars to write it on the bedroom ceiling. Imagine lying down and looking up at that?
3. A path of petals to the prize Lay a pretty path to the engagement ring. Scatter rose petals from the front door to the bedroom, and then use more petals to spell out “Will you marry me?” Or light the way with candles, just be careful you don’t burn the house down!
4. Love letters lead the way Place love notes in different places around the house. On each note write something that you love about your sweetheart, and where to find the next note. On the last note write “For all these reasons and more, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?” 5. A puzzling proposal Write your proposal on a jigsaw puzzle and ask her to put the pieces together. You can do this with a blank puzzle kit that you break up and have her solve.
6. Chocolate box ring box Buy a large red love heart shaped box of chocolates for your sweetheart. Take out the most central chocolate and replace it with your engagement ring. When she opens it up, get down on one knee to finish the job.
7. Surprise cinema advert Most cinemas have adverts before the previews that can be purchased. Write her name up in lights in an advert for all to see and as the advert finishes go down on one knee and produce your ring. Just make sure you get to the cinema early enough to see it.
8. Write it in the sky Skywriting is a stunning way to propose. This really is a very public way to declare your love to the world! Either hire a plane to write your message in the sky or get them to fly a banner with “Will you marry me,___” over your town.
9. Airport antics If your beloved is a frequent flyer, ask friends and family to join you at the airport and get them to each hold up signs spelling out “Will you marry me?” as your sweetheart disembarks from the plane. Just make sure you’re the one holding the “Me” sign!
10. In a custom-built igloo on top of a glacier 14,000 in the air! It was just before Christmas when the singer Seal proposed to his super model sweetheart Heidi Klum at 14,000 feet in a custom built igloo on the top of a glacier. Memorable!