Nori Bundles with Spicy Peanut Dip recipe
Written by Louise Holt Last updated: June 6, 2006
Make your party the talk of the town with our great New Year’s Eve canapé recipes…
Nori bundles with spicy peanut dip
- pinch sea salt
- 1 medium carrot, cut into long strips (6mm thick)
- 8 string beans, cut lengthwise
- 1 sheet nori
- For the dip:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp miso
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil, add the pinch of sea salt and boil the carrot sticks for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Repeat the process if you’re using string beans, with the same water.
- Toast the sheet of nori by holding it horizontally 5cm above a gas flame, rotating it for 3-5 seconds, until its colour changes to bright green.
- Cut the sheet with scissors into four equal width strips.
- Combine a quarter of each of the vegetable sticks into a bundle (making sure they are well drained and dry), then wrap one nori strip tightly around this bundle.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the vegetables and nori strips.
- Arrange the bundles on a serving dish.
- Prepare the dip by blending all the ingredients together to give a thick consistency.
- Don’t forget the canape sticks