Olive Paste and Blue Cheese Canapé
Written by Louise Holt Last updated: June 6, 2006
Make your party the talk of the town with our great New Year’s Eve canapé recipes…
Olive paste and blue cheese canapé
- 115g pitted cured black olives, plus some for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsps pine nuts
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 loaf long crusty bread, cut in ¼inch slices
- 200g blue cheese
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut in strips (to garnish)
- Place the olives, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a food processor and chop finely.
- Spread thinly on bread slices.
- Cover with blue cheese.
- Decorate with a piece of roasted pepper or olive.
- Don’t forget the canapé sticks!
Tomato, mozzarella and basil bruschetta
- 10 slices of coarse bread such as pugliese or sourdough
- 1 large clove garlic
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salad and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 plum or salad tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 10 tiny mozzarella cheeses, each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tsp basil leaves, torn
- Grill the bread until crisp and then rub with garlic and a little pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Allow to cool.
- Top each slice of bread with tomatoes and mozzarella and scatter over the basil.
- Top with a little more oil, arrange on platter and serve.