Rice Crackers with Crispy Vegetables Recipe
Written by Louise Holt Last updated: June 6, 2006
Make your party the talk of the town with our great New Year’s Eve canapé recipes…
Rice crackers with crispy vegetables
- 10 Japanese rice crackers
- for the vegetables
- ¼ small red sweet pepper, finely sliced
- ¼ small yellow sweet pepper, finely sliced
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 3 mange tout, finely sliced
- Handful of shiso leaves to garnish
- for the dressing
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Mix the sliced vegetables in a bowl with the vinegar, salt, sugar and Tabasco
- Spoon the mixture onto the rice crackers and garnish with the shiso leaves.
- Serve within 30 minutes.
Garlic potato crisps
- 570g crisps
- 150g butter
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 rounded tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the crisps into a shallow ovenproof dish or baking tray.
- Melt the butter, add the garlic and cook over a low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add plenty of salt and a little pepper.
- Cool the crisps, stir in the parsley, stir in the crisps and toss until they are all well coated.
- Heat for four minutes in an oven set to 350F°/180C°/Gas 4 and serve.