Valentine's Day should not be a day that sends a shiver down your back for all the wrong reasons! We have the gifts that she will love and that she…
Written by Agnes Los Last updated: February 14, 2012
We’ve got some great suggestions for Valentine’s gifts that will sweep her off her feet!
• Scatter fresh or dried rose petals up the stairs and into the bedroom. You could even look out for petals that can be sprinkled in the bath.
• Sprinkle confetti into your Valentine’s greeting envelopes.
• Put a few pieces of red heart confetti into the pockets of your loved one!
• Before bed, leave foil wrapped chocolate hearts on the pillow.
• Fill the bedroom with balloons, candles and romantic music!
When you’re out
• Ask the waiter to put some heart sparklers in their pudding!
• Scatter your table with red paper confetti.
Nothing says V-day like the sight of a jewellery box!
• Treat her to a silver twisted heart necklace
• Thinking of popping the question? Now couldn’t be a more perfect time. Start the hunt for the engagement ring, and propose on Valentine’s Day!
Gifts with a difference
A present to open on Valentine’s Day is a must, but you might consider organising another treat to make the day even more special!
• Whisk your partner away for the day or weekend. You might decide to head to Paris, Edinburgh or Barcelona for a romantic city break, or even escape to a country cottage.
• Buy tickets for their favourite concert, or for the theatre.
• Look out for unusual gifts such as pampering experiences, hot air balloon rides or wine tasting evenings.
• Take the day off work. Why not? Valentine’s Day is a day for breakfast in bed!
• Have a cosy night in. Cook (or order in!) a delicious dinner, chill a bottle of champagne, and make sure you have a vase of red roses on the table.
• The most romantic gestures are often the least expensive… put pen to paper and start writing a good, old-fashioned love letter!
You’ll find more fun and romance in our Valentine’s Day section!
Thinking of a Valentine's Day proposal? Here are some great ways to pop the question that are far from traditional!...