While you and your spouse will probably have spent many a Valentine’s Day loved up when you were dating or engaged, there’s something a bit more special about your first Valentine’s Day as a married couple! We’ve put together this handy checklist to help you arrange an unforgettable day your spouse will treasure!
2 Months Before
- Purchase personalised gifts from Confetti.co.uk for him or her
Choose a personalised picture frame and pop in a photo of the two of you from your wedding day or a candid snap from your honeymoon
Alternatively, have some of our champagne flutes personalised with your names, your wedding date or nicknames
- Brainstorm your ideal Valentine’s Day date scenario; don’t forget to think about what your spouse would want, too!
- Tell your spouse that you’re planning a big who-ha for Valentine’s Day so they don’t go overboard with their plans. Remind them that next year, it’ll be their turn to plan the evening.
1 Month Before
- If you’re the next Jamie Oliver or Nigella Lawson, set your menu and look int sourcing the finest ingredients; alternatively, make a reservation at the trendiest restaurant near you
- Scour your local music store or app for the best mood music; a little Barry White never went amiss!
- If you’re planning to amaze your partner outside your home, book your venue now
- Arrange sitters for the kids and/or pets
- Order flowers, preferably some that reflect those at your wedding; arrange for these to be delivered to your spouse at work
3 Weeks Before
- Purchase a Valentine’s Day card, a box of chocolates and a bottle or two of wine or champagne
- Get a new outfit for yourself
- Book her in for a mini pamper session to get her hair and nails done before V Day
- Book him in for a haircut and close shave before V Day
A Few Days Before
- Wrap your gifts
- Make final arrangements
- Reconfirm all bookings
- Attend the previously booked pamper sessions
- Start the morning with breakfast in bed
- Spend the entire day showering your love with attention and affection!