Save yourself money and be your own wedding planner. With our expert help you’ll plan the wedding of your dreams just the way you want it. Here’s the ultimate breakdown of everything you need to do and when to do it.
Confetti’s ultimate wedding planning checklist!
First, you’ll need to get a wedding planner to make a plan and keep all your notes. Being organised is key! Or – use Confetti’s free planning tools on your computer or mobile!
12 months +
- Set the date
- Decide on a budget
- Agree on a guest list
- Choose and appoint bridesmaids, a best man and ushers
- Book your venues
- Book your photographer and/or videographer
- Make arrangements with your minister/registrar
- Book a DJ/band/entertainers
- Book caterers if appropriate
- Book your cars
- Book your florist
- Book a toastmaster if you decide to have one
- Book your honeymoon (in your maiden name)
- Send Save The Date cards to guests invited to the whole day
- Take out wedding insurance
6 months +
- Go wedding dress shopping!
- Order/make your wedding invitations and other stationery such as orders of service and thank you cards
- Order the wedding cake
- Book the honeymoon suite
- Choose your shoes and accessories such as tiara and veil
- Choose the bridesmaid’s dresses and suits for the groom, best man, ushers and any flower girls or page boys.
3 months +
- Have your wedding dress altered if needed
- Buy your wedding rings
- Send out your wedding invitations within 6-12 weeks of the wedding
- Order your wedding favoursand table centrepieces
- Decide on a gift list and make it available to all your wedding guests (through your invitations)
- Advise your guests to book any overnight accommodation now while there is still availability
- Decide on your chosen wedding music and readings
- Buy gifts for the best man, ushers and bridesmaids
- Arrange to have any vaccinations done, if required for your honeymoon
- Start to plan your hen and stag parties
1 month before
- Arrange for a final fitting of your wedding dress.
- Reconfirm the wedding arrangements with all your suppliers
- Have your last nights of freedom!
- Finalise the seating plan and make your table planner
- Arrange the wedding rehearsal
- Contact any guests who have not replied to your invitation
- Arrange a date to pick up any hired suits
- Write the wedding speeches
7 days before
- Have the wedding rehearsal
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Wear-in your wedding shoes
- Create an emergency wedding kit containing make up, a compact mirror and powder, lipstick, tissues etc.
- Order your foreign currency for your honeymoon
- Give the best man a list of all the wedding services involved in your wedding day, in case they need to be contacted
The day before
- Have the day off to relax
- Have your nails manicured
- Try and get an early night – you’re getting married in the morning!
Find out more about how to plan your wedding in our wedding planning pages!