Wedding planner Mark Niemierko has this month chosen a festive top tips… ideas for Christmas Wedding Themes.
- Toset a magical theme for your Christmas wedding choose the perfect winter venue; a manor house, historical mansion or castle. Decorate the venue with seasonal touches so that your winter wedding theme flows throughout. A great log fire can create that special touch.
- Opt for a seasonal menu of warmth and richness, a hot soup of parsnip and chestnut, and for dessert try poached pears in a cinnamon and ginger syrup. Go for a classic white cake and have the cake caterer create a snowflake effect to give that added icy touch.
- To achieve a flawless Christmas scene use seasonal flowers throughout the wedding. Accent the bridal bouquet with red berries and holly, follow through with this for the men’s button holes; using a white seasonal flower set in front of a small piece of holly. Have elaborate winter centrepieces; go for candles to add that warming winter feeling.
- The perfect bride should wear a white winter dress and add an item of fur for those outside wedding shots.
- To keep the children entertained throughout the wedding breakfast, have them decorate their own ginger bread snowflake. When the adults indulge in some wedding cake, children can enjoy a hot mug of cocoa with marshmallows.
For further information on Mark Niemierko’s full wedding planning services visit www.niemierko.com