Arranging a wedding can be tedious at times, but choosing a wedding dress isn't one of them when you're a shopaholic. However, just before my first wedding dress appointment I…
Written by Louise Holt Last updated: September 16, 2006
1. Make an appointment ‐ most bridal shops operate on an appointment‐only system.
2. Buy a selection of wedding magazines and look for listings of bridal shops in your area and take along any pictures of dresses you like.
3. Check out the huge range of wedding dresses and designers online for inspiration.
4. Take your mum or a good friend along to the fitting ‐ someone who will give you an honest opinion and provide moral support!
5. Don’t ask the price until the end. Even if your dream dress is too expensive you may be able to get it made privately or buy second hand
6. Start looking as early as possible and shop around.
7. Try to make the January sales if you can, you’d be amazed at the bargains on offer!
8. Remember to wear some suitable underwear ‐ a strapless bra if you intend to try on a strapless dress or two.
9. Consider your colouring when deciding to go for a white, ivory, cream or coloured dress.
10. Make an occasion of it with your friends!
Events of the last few weeks have been really topsy‐turvy. The last time I wrote my diary RT and I...