Here's our pick of the best mix-and-match autumn wedding decorations and ideas, including DIY tutorials on how to make your own unique table decorations. Autumn Colours and Scents The autumn season heralds…
Written by Kate Thompson Last updated: October 17, 2016
A winter wedding is so romantic and has a completely different feel to a midsummer celebration. Here are our top ten winter wedding decoration ideas for this year.
1. A distinctive and dramatic winter floral and lighting display sets the scene beautifully. Have outdoor wedding photos taken before the sun starts to set in the afternoon and then light the way for interior photos with gorgeous decorative indoor lighting.
2. A snowy winter wonderland effect can be had whatever the weather with this realistic display snow. This is the snow that was used in the Chronicles of Narnia, plus several other films and Christmas TV adverts.
3. Hanging decorations add colour and shape to walls, windows, doors and ceilings.
4. Winter foliage, twigs and berries add a natural seasonal look and feel to interiors.
5. Sugar-frosted cocktail glasses make drinks look and taste extra special with fabulous frosty winter style.
6. A pretty snowflake theme in blue, white and silver is perfect for a winter wedding.
7. Winter bride and groom cake toppers are the icing on the cake for winter weddings (sorry, couldn’t resist!)
8. Twig trees make gorgeous table centrepieces and a lovely alternative to the traditional guest book or wishing well for a winter wedding.
9 Fairy lights and candles give a soft, warm glow in a gentler way than main room lighting.
10. And finally, for a real show-stopper, create a winter light show at your venue with a light projector!
For more wedding wedding decor inspiration please visit the Winter Wedding Theme.