The rise of weddings abroad brings with it new fashion challenges, namely – how to get your wedding dress to your wedding venue intact, and what type of dress to pick to ensure you look absolutely fabulous in spite of the distance that you and your perfect dress have travelled. Here are Confetti’s expert tips!
Top Tips for Destination Wedding Dresses
- Think about how you’ll pack your wedding dress for a destination wedding.
- Consider the options for transporting your dress – carrying it as hand luggage, shipping it, sending you dress with a trusted friend.
- Flying with a major airline? Take your wedding dress with you on the plane and ask staff to hang it up for you. There should be space in First Class. Carry your dress onto the plane in a zip-up protective dress carrier with hanger, which you can buy from a specialist dry cleaners.
- Flying with a budget airline? Call to ask what best to do. Check there’s a dry cleaners at the other end to press it. Sometimes hanging a dress in a steamy room can do the trick.
- Wherever you get married the dress is all that, so make sure you love it, even if it has got to be practical and transportable at the same time.
- Try to tie in your dress to your surroundings: cute and sexy for a city location and long, flowing chiffon for a beach affair.
- Alternatively, think how comfortable you will be in your dress and the climate of the host country. You want to wear it effortlessly and easily, for it to feel perfect in every way.
Images courtesy of BHLDN
Images courtesy of: left, Coast, right, Dessy
Images courtesy of Mori Lee
Image courtesy of Stephanie Allin
Images courtesy of Monique L’huillier
Get even more inspiration on our Fashion pages!