Beautiful scenery and stunning beaches for a Caribbean wedding that’s made in heaven
Why get married in Grenada?
Lying just north of Trinidad, in the southernmost part of the Windward Islands, this picturesque Caribbean island is blessed with some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful scenery and stunning white sand beaches.
Considered by many to be the jewel of an already very special island group, Grenada is famous for its spices, tropical mountain forest, and beautiful bays. It boasts pretty tropical gardens and hillsides that are a naturalist’s paradise!
What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in Grenada?
You can choose from many locations including a chapel, beach or simply in the grounds of your hotel. In Grenada you may be married by a Magistrate or a Minister of a religion.
Is it wedding weather?
|Max temp (°F)*||84||84||84||86||86||86||86||87||87||87||86||84|
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)
What’s the flight time?
What’s the time difference?
Do I need a visa to enter the country?
What’s the wedding paperwork?
- Residency You must be resident for three working days, excluding bank holidays, before you can apply for a marriage licence.
- Proof of status You need an affidavit, or a letter from a clergyman, lawyer, or Registrar, on official letterhead, confirming that you have not been married before or are free to marry.
- Proof of ID Your original Birth Certificates and valid passports are needed. You must also provide your full names, addresses, occupations and religions ‐ plus those of your parents.
- Divorced If you are divorced your Decree Absolute with court stamp is needed.
- Widowed If you are widowed you must provide the death certificate of your deceased spouse.
- Age restrictions If you are under 21, parental consent is required in the form of an affidavit, stamped and signed by a solicitor.
- Name change If your name has been changed by Deed Poll you must provide legal proof, stamped and signed by a solicitor. This also applies if a married woman has reverted back to her maiden name.
- Adopted If you are adopted the adoption certificate is required.
How do I obtain a marriage licence?
Application for a licence should be made at the Prime Minister’s Office after the necessary stamp duty and licence fees have been paid. This process takes approximately two days (slightly longer if either of you is divorced, as your documents must then be sent to The Ministry of Legal Affairs ‐‐ see Where can I find further information?).
Where can I find further information?
Grenada Board of Tourism
11 Blades Court
121 Deodar Road
London SW15 2NU
Tel: 0208 877 4516
Grenada Board of Tourism
PO Box 293
Tel: 001 473 440 2279/2001/3377
The Office of The Prime Minister
Tel: 001 473 440 2255
Ministry of Legal Affairs
Tel: 001 473 440 2050
confetti makes reasonable efforts to obtain data from reliable sources and to keep the contents reasonably accurate. However, specifications and requirements may change and confetti cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content or information. We strongly advise you to consult other sources of information including the embassies or consulates of the countries in question or local lawyers.