So, it’s September and the kids have gone back to school, our favourite morning TV programmes are back to normal, there’s a chill in the air as the seasons change and autumn approaches. The hazy summer days of early engagement have passed and you realise there’s a million things to do for your wedding next year – the dress, the venue, the flowers… and of course your HEN PARTY! The specialists at Clear Cut Weekends have some insider advice on how you can find great savings and have the best hen night you can possibly imagine – just by booking early!
With so many important things to arrange and think about, it is all too easy to forget about your hen party, or to simply leave it to the Chief Bridesmaid to plan. But really, it’s meant to be the send off of all send offs, and a chance for your girl friends to celebrate with you in style. Whether you delegate the task of arranging this important event, or you decide to go the DIY way, there is one thing that will always remain the same… early booking saves you money.
This time of year is a bargain hunter’s dream with hen party specialists and tour operators slashing their prices as an incentive to book early for next year. Key things to keep in mind if you’re after a fabulous hen party at the snip of it’s usual price are:
- The earlier you book the more money you will save.
- Book a package deal through a tour operator well in advance to achieve the best rates possible.
- Enquiring early gives you bartering power – always ask if you have been given the best price possible.
- Always ask if there are discounts or special offers running if you are booking this year for next.
- Booking early gives your friends plenty of time to save up for the big event.
It’s important to bear in mind your friends’ needs when planning your hen party. Give them time to save by choosing a package early on. It’s no good asking your best mates to suddenly pay out for your hen party at the last minute. Most people need time to save up and put money aside. After all, you don’t want friends and family to miss out on the amazing memories and great fun just because there was no time for them to budget.
Once you start searching for hen party ideas you will quickly notice there is an abundance of activities available to you. It is all too easy to get confused and frustrated. You want to please everyone with an amazing package at the perfect price; you don’t want to disappoint. Stop! Take a step back. This is your hen party, your special time so pick the activities you want to do. If you try to please everyone else you’ll end up disappointed with an all-over-the-place package. Do consider your group’s likes and dislikes, but keep in the forefront of your mind “it’s my hen party and I’ll do what I want to”. Formulate a plan using the following guidelines:
- Decide if you want a weekend break away, a one night stop-over, or a bash in your hometown followed by “home to bed.”
- Decide on a date.
- Pick a location everyone can get to.
- Count up how many people you want to invite.
- Make a list of activities you are interested in (evening and possibly daytime too?)
- Request quotes for packages based on your shortlist of activities.
- Pick your favourite package and make sure you get the best possible price and early booking discounts.
- Make your booking (if you are booking early it should only be a small deposit).
- Advise your friends to start saving and look forward to the celebrations!
Booking your hen do early guarantees you will get great savings, all the options available, and a stress-free lead up to your hen do day! That’s one thing well done and crossed off your wedding to-do list.
To get your party plans started contact the UK specialist for hen and stag parties at Clear Cut Weekends.
There are more great hen party ideas in the Hen & Stag section!