FREE shipping on orders over £49 (*UK Mainland Only)

Changing your name by Deed Poll

22nd June 2007 |By | Be the first to comment

Change your name for only £29.99!

In the United Kingdom, anyone aged 16 years and over can be known by any name they choose just by simply using it. However, should you wish to change your name and get all your documents changed, for example, your passport, property deeds and records such as income tax, national insurance, bank accounts, credit cards etc., you need to provide documentary evidence that you have changed your name.

A Deed Poll provides the documentary evidence required so that everyone you have dealings with must change their records without question (although you cannot get your birth, marriage, adoption or decree absolute certificates changed).

If you are 18 years of age or over and wish to change your name (or your children’s names) by Deed Poll, you can use our fast and convenient on line service. Your Deed Poll will be individually drawn up and executed by our solicitors. No visit to a solicitor (or anyone else) is required.

If you are a foreign national living in the United Kingdom, you can use a Deed Poll to have your name changed on records and documents held in the United Kingdom. However, it is unlikely that your own country will recognise a Deed Poll so you will not be able to get your passport or any records and documents changed in your own country.

How To Change Your Name Using Our On‐line Service
To change your name by Deed Poll, all you need do is complete the Change of Name by Deed Poll Application Form.
The cost of one Application is £29.99 (price includes VAT).

Changing The Name Of Other Family Members
A single Deed Poll can also include other members of your immediate family i.e. your husband/wife and children. Please submit a separate form for each member of your family.
Each additional family member costs just £25 (price includes VAT).

Please note, for persons under the age of 18 years, written consent signed by both parents is required in addition to one of the documents listed below (if you were married when your child/children were born). If you were not married when your child/children were born, only the written consent of the parent who has legal custody is required.

What Documents We Need
You need to fax us or send us a photocopy of one of the following documents that shows your current legal name (parental consent if also required for persons under 18 years of age ‐ an original letter required):

Birth Certificate.
Passport (personal details page only).
Marriage Certificate (married women only).
Plus, Previous Deed Poll Certificate (if you have changed your name before)

Post your copy document to:

Huw James Solicitor
21 Mansel Street

or fax them to: 01792 411601

Note: Make sure you mark as "Deed Poll through"!
If you need help with your application please contact Confetti at 0844 848 9797.

Deedpoll FAQs
Written by

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Be a Bridal Insider

Get wedding inspiration and Confetti Shop discounts delivered to your inbox.

Sign Me Up