1. Write your guest list to establish numbers
2. Work out your budget
3. Cut your guest list!
4. Increase your budget!
5. Decide on the rough area you wish to be married and search on Confetti for a list of possible venues in that region.
6. Ring the venue and enquire about availability, the number of people they cater for and the cost of hiring the venue. If they meet your requirements ask them to send a brochure and arrange a visit.
7. Ask what the cost of the meal is per person and whether you can hire external caterers.
8. Don’t forget to ask if the price includes VAT and if you can bring your own wine, ask what they charge for corkage as this always bumps up the price.
9. Ask about nearby hotels and places to stay. You don’t want to have to spend a fortune transporting guests or indeed be stuck with nowhere to stay the night.
10. If you need a marquee at the venue to accommodate your guests, ask about the additional cost. Tables and chairs etc. are sometimes extra on top of the marquee hire charge.