For our DIY savvy couples who are planning to make their own wedding favours, we have something really cute! We have 3, all adorable DIY sweet wedding favours you can create, and the only difficult bit is to keep your hands off the sweets. Enjoy.
1. Sweet Heart Mason Jar Favour
- Mini Mason jar
- Personalised xoxo sticker in pink mist
- Stripped cotton baker’s twine
- Double hearts wax seal
- Mix of jelly beans and gummy hearts
Get the Look
- Fill your mason jars with the hearts and jelly beans or any other retro sweets of your choosing. Finish the look by wrapping the twine and adding the double heart wax seal. To top it off, literally, add the personalised sticker to the top of the jar and you’re done. Don’t worry if your theme isnt red, our baker’s twine comes in a wide range of colours and so do jelly beans.
2. Mini Milk Bottles with Signature Straws
- Mini glass milk bottles
- Sippers small white polka dot paper straws
- Laser expression paper slides
- Wide red satin ribbon
- Mini meringues
Get the Look
We filled our mini glass milk bottles with our favourite milkshake flavour, strawberry! Not only does the pink colour look cute but it tastes delcious too. You can have any flavour or beverage you want. But remember you want it to look great and taste just as good. Slip the XO tag through the straw, pop in it in the drink and finish it off with the red satin ribbon, and don’t forget the mini meringue. Mini cookies and milk also work a treat.
3. Sweet Candy Cones
- Clear cellophane cone shaped bags
- Laser expression heart monogram ‘double luxe’ tag
- Pink satin ribbon
- Mix of pink and red heart shaped sweets
- Mini wafer cone
- Red decorating sugar
Get the Look
To begin with you want to create the red tip on the wafer cone, to do this you have to heat a mixture of sugar and a small amount of water until it forms a sticky paste. Apply this to the cone using a pastry brush or a teaspoon and sprinkle the red decorating sugar. Please remember the sugar paste mixture will be hot so be careful. Leave the cones to cool for a few minutes before adding the sweet treats. Place the cones in the cellophane bags and complete the look by slipping the tag through the ribbon and tying it to the top of the bags. As with our twine, our satin ribbons come in a wide range of colours and can be personalised. So you can pick the colour of the ribbons and sweets according to your colour scheme or theme.