FREE shipping on orders over £59 (*UK Mainland Only)

Dissolution of a civil partnership

17th July 2006 |By | Be the first to comment

In the unhappy event things don’t work out quite as planned…

If you decide that your civil partnership is not working out then you can choose to dissolve it, much like a divorce ‐ this is called dissolution. In order to be able to get a dissolution you must have been in a civil partnership for over a year.

You would need to complete a form called a ‘petition’, giving the reasons why you are applying, to show your civil partnership is definitely over or that it has ‘irretrievably broken down’.

If there are children involved then a further form, called a ‘statement of arrangements’ will need to be completed. This should detail the living arrangements you have made for the children once the dissolution is final.

Written by

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Join The I Do Crew

Subscribe to our newsletter and get 30% off any one item.

By clicking 'join now' you are opting in being emailed about Confetti news and products

Confetti would like to send you information about our products including: Wedding Style Collective, The National Wedding Show and The Wedding Fairs. If you would like to receive this information please tick your preferences below

By Email privacy policy
Join Now