Starting to plan your wedding? Wondering about all the things you’ll need to do and when? At The Lensbury we understand it can be very daunting to organise a wedding. With the help of our month-by-month wedding countdown guide, planning your wedding can now be fun and stress free.
- Pick a wedding date.
- Book a viewing at The Lensbury.
- Decide on your budget.
- Book Church/ Registry Office.
- Draw up your guest list.
- Confirm your booking, by paying your deposit and returning our banqueting terms and conditions contract signed.
- Decide on and book entertainment/musicians/ photographer. Please ask for The Lensbury’s approved suppliers for suggestions
- Check passports are valid and start to discuss honeymoon.
- Send out save the date cards.
- Start thinking about your themes and colour schemes.
- Book an appointment with The Lensbury Florist on 020 8614 6500.
- Book transport if required between ceremony and reception.
- Choose your wedding dress.
- Book honeymoon.
- Decide on design of wedding invitations.
- Choose wedding rings.
- Decide on a wedding gift list.
- Begin shopping for bridesmaids.
- Arrange first dress fitting of the wedding dress.
- Buy shoes and accessories for you and your bridesmaids.
- Purchase or arrange suit hire for groomsmen.
- Start looking and book hairdresser and makeup artist, if required.
- Arrange appointment with Wedding Coordinator to discuss menus, beverages and timings of the day.
- Start completing The Lensbury’s wedding booking form.
- Book treatments, if required, at The Lensbury Spa on 020 8614 6411.
- Order wedding cake, using approved suppliers list if required.
- Arrange your complimentary wedding tasting with our Wedding Coordinator.
- Organise a hair and makeup test run.
- Buy your wedding lingerie.
- Plan your stag and hen party.
- Confirm your final menu choice, including all dietary requirements.
- Arrange visa/vaccinations for honeymoon, if needed.
- Send out wedding invitations and include your booking reference number for hotel reservations.
- Purchase thank you gifts.
- Finalise arrangements with entertainers and choose a first dance song.
- Confirm floral order with the florist.
- Finalise arrangements with photographer.
- Re-confirm timings with church or registrar.
- Final fitting of wedding dress.
- Confirm your guest numbers with The Lensbury.
- Draw up a seating plan.
- Check honeymoon arrangements and order currency if needed.
- Collect wedding rings.
- Pay proforma invoice to The Lensbury.
- Double check all arrangements.
- Pack for honeymoon and collect currency.
- Hold a wedding rehearsal.
- Go over wedding day timetable with attendees.
- Nominate a guest to take care of day’s schedule and any problems that may arise so that you can enjoy the day. Give name to Wedding Co-ordinator.
- Make a wedding morning agenda.
- Pick up bridal outfits.
- Have a manicure, pedicure, fake tan and any other treatments at The Lensbury Spa.
- Take table plan, names cards and any additional decorations to The Lensbury.
- Relax and have an early night.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Relax and remain calm.
- Take time out for yourself during the day to reflect and take in sights, sounds and expressions.
- Enjoy your day!