We have a very limited budget of £1,000 for everything. Can you help us create a magical day on this budget?
Keeping the costs down at a wedding can be hard though not impossible. First of all, work out what is really important to you, and what isn't so important. For example, if you desperately want a large number of guests, you will have to cut costs with catering, and you might really want to have a white wedding dress, but not be too concerned about your bouquet. Here are a few more money saving ideas:
1.Treat yourself to a camera and ask a close friend to be your photographer for the day.
2. Find out when and where your nearest wedding show is. Here you can pick up some real bargain wedding dresses. If there isn't a show near you visit all your local bridal shops and find out when their sales are on. Also, keep an eye out for white evening dresses in high street stores.
3.Catering for a wedding can be very expensive. Try contacting your local catering college and see if you can sort out a deal with the students. Maybe they could cater for you as part of their exam? Alternatively, have a cold buffet using canapes etc from supermarkets. Then you only need to buy the food and pay for waiting staff.
4. Keep it simple - have a barbecue for a summer wedding.
5. The groom's and best man's outfits can be hired to cut down costs,(look in our directory for your local supplier). Alternatively, simply ask your best man and ushers to wear a navy blue or black suit and buy them each the same tie.
6. Use balloons to decorate instead of flowers.
7. Buy your wine from France, or from a wine merchant who offers a sale or return service. Beware of corkage though if you are getting married in a hotel or other venue and not hosting yourselves. Have sparkling wine instead of champagne. Serve bucks fizz for welcome drinks so the sparkling wine is topped up with some orange juice.
8. Instead of going out and buying expensive wedding shoes, look for something that you'll wear again, or buy a cheap pair that it doesn't matter if you never wear again!
9. Be ruthless with guest numbers. If you want to invite a lot of people to your wedding invite more for the evening do, this way you won't have to spend as much on food.
10. Instead of hiring a car, ask a friend who has a nice car to drive you.