A wedding marquees, tent and yurt is popular any time of year. They’re a good way to bring the outdoors in and enjoy an alternative venue. We know that looking for any wedding venue can prove difficult and that there are loads of things to remember to inquire about. The same goes for marquee, tent & yurt wedding venues. Here’s what to look for when you choose your big tent:
Marquees, tents and yurts come in a huge array of shapes and sizes, prices and specifications. Shop around and find out what is available for the date you have chosen and don’t forget to consult our wedding directory for marquee, tent and yurt suppliers near you.
Remember that your marquee, tent or yurt may require flooring and a lining as well which need to be priced. You’ll need to show the hire company the site to ensure that it is suitable, as well as discussing your requirements in terms of seating and a dance floor. Depending on the time of day and season, you may also require lighting and a heater if things get chilly, but many companies provide these.
Bear these questions in mind when choosing your marquee, tent or yurt supplier:
- Are they available to do an on‐site estimate?
- Will the marquee, tent or yurt accommodate all your guests? Is there room to mingle? Is there room for a dance floor?
- What colour is the marquee, tent or yurt?
- Is proper flooring available? What about staging for speeches and entertainment?
- Do they also rent tables and chairs? Are they included in the price?
- Is there a sufficient power supply for any entertainment/sound systems you may require?
- Can the marquee, tent or yurt hire provide a generator if additional electricity is needed?
- Can they provide interior and/or exterior lighting?
- Can your theme and decorations be incorporated into the structure easily?
- Is access to permanent shelter/house available?
- Can walkways be covered?
- Can the hire company arrange for portable toilets if necessary?
- How soon before the wedding will they set up the marquee? When will it be dismantled?
- Will someone be available on‐call during the event if there are any emergencies?
- How far in advance are bookings required?
- What is the cancellation/postponement policy?
- How much is the deposit to secure the date and when is it due?
- How soon after the event is the balance due?
- Is VAT included in the final price?
- Confirm dates, times and details with a written contract.