Take your vows in the great outdoors in Scotland, with its rolling hillsides and famous romantic heritage. The fairytale romance of an historic castle set against the breathtaking natural splendour of the Scottish landscape is truly hard to match. Here’s our pick of seven of the most stunning wedding venues in Scotland, their beautiful grounds and what makes them so amazing.
Kinnettles Castle is a Scottish Baronial mansion, set in the heart of the Angus countryside. Ideal for a grand or an intimate wedding, with unspoilt views, it is private and secluded in its 44 acres of beautiful parkland.
- Gorgeous venue licensed for weddings up to 150 guests
- 11 bedroom suites decorated in chic monochrome décor
- Garden pavilion and summer terrace
- Sweeping staircase for a grand entrance and amazing wedding photos
2. Broxmouth Park
A Georgian mansion in East Lothian, near to Edinburgh with original period features and antique furnishings set within 150 acres of picturesque parkland.
- Exclusive venue caters for over 200 guests
- Marquee placed on the lawn
- Overnight accommodation available
- Lake and private woodland
3. Ackergill Tower
A luxury hotel set in 3,000 acres of land and 7 miles of private beach, in Wick, Caithness, on the North East coast of the Scottish Highlands. Ackergill Tower has much more to offer than its stunning panoramic views.
- Stunning wedding venue for up to 250 guests
- Quirky and magnificent tree house and rustic rafters of Sinclair Palace
- 35 bedrooms offering privacy, peace and total exclusivity
- Luxury five star accommodation
4. The George Hotel
A stylish and sophisticated luxury 18th century hotel located in the famous George Street in the City of Edinburgh’s historic New Town.
- City venue with discounted bedroom rates for your wedding guests
- Exclusive access to Queen Street Gardens, a perfect setting for wedding photographs
- Panorama Suite with outdoor terrace offering breathtaking views across Edinburgh
- Part of the award winning PH Hotels group
5. Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel
A striking 18th century Baronial manor with its own beautiful landscaped gardens set in a thousand acres of pristine parkland and all just eight miles from Edinburgh city centre.
- Amazing mansion which caters for up to 250 wedding guests
- Award-winning cuisine
- Health and leisure club
- Championship golf courses
6. Carberry Tower
A 16th century stately home set in 35 acres of tranquil countryside with rich history and royal connections, Carberry Tower is just seven miles from Edinburgh
- Magnificent venue with garden pavilion licensed for up to 150 guests
- 30 elegant bedrooms
- 35 acres of lawns and parkland
- Exquisitely maintained rose gardens
7. Blairquan Castle
A magnificent 19th century Baronial castle with sumptuous Regency architecture set in over 200 acres of private land and gardens in the heart of unspoilt Ayrshire. Blairquhan Castle was listed number 14 by the Independent newspaper in their list of the 50 best places to get married in the world.
- Exclusive use of the castle and its grounds for the entire duration of your stay
- A choice of 4 stunning function rooms seating up to 90 guests
- 15 individually designed bedrooms
- 8 holiday cottages offering further accommodation for up to 46 people
The venues and the scenery are what make Scotland one of the most dramatic and beautifully atmospheric places to marry. Kilts and bagpipes will make it complete!