Helpful words and phrases to inspire you as you put together your wedding vows
Absolute, Adorable, Alive, Amiable, Appealing, Ardent, Attractive, Beautiful, Binding, Blameless, Caring, Charming, Chivalrous, Complete, Considerate, Constant, Courageous, Cosy, Dauntless, Deserving, Desirable, Devoted, Ecstatic, Embracing, Emotional, Enduring, Energetic, Entire, Entrancing, Excellent, Exciting, Fair, Faithful, Fervent, Forgiving, Formal, Fragile, Gallant, Genuine, Good‐humoured, Glorious, Growing, Happy, Hopeful, High‐principled, High‐spirited, Innocent, Jubilant, Lasting, Lively, Lovely, Mutual, Noble, Popular, Praiseworthy, Precious, Predestined, Reliable, Romantic, Safe, Secluded, Seductive, Sensational, Sensual, Significant, Sincere, Snug, Soft, Solemn, Staunch, Stimulating, Sweet, Triumphant, Unconditional, Upright, Virtuous, Vivacious, Wonderful, Worthy.
Affirm, Appreciate, Aspire, Assert, Commit, Confide, Desire, Declare, Embrace, Endeavour, Entrust, Pledge, Proclaim, Promise, Protect, Reassure, Seek, Strive, Swear, Understand, Wonder.
Adversity, Anger, Desolation, Despair, Emptiness, Failure, Fears, Frailty, Jealousy, Neglect, Pressure, Poverty, Problems, Sickness, Sorrow, Suspicion, Weakness.
A few phrases…
- A measure of my love
- A relationship built on love and honesty
- A symbol of love
- All the days of my life
- As this ring surrounds you finger, so my love surrounds you
- Bonds of love
- Cherish, love and comfort
- Companion in joy and comfort in adversity
- Dearer than life itself
- For an eternity of tomorrows
- Friend, love and protector
- From the depths of my heart
- Give myself to you
- Give you room to grow
- Heart of my heart
- I do not expect you to fulfil all my dreams, only to share them and allow me to share yours
- In sickness and in health
- In sunshine and in shadow
- In the presence of our friends and family I stand before you
Looking for inspiration for writing your own vows? Try:
- Traditional vows that have stood the test of time.
- Jotting down words and phrases from your favourite books and poetry.
- Talking about special moments in your relationship.
- Taking a look at our words and phrases and seeing how you can incorporate them in your vows…
A few words to consider using…
- To share the good and the bad parts of life together
- To love, honour, respect and cherish each other
- To respect each other’s individuality
- To be kind, trusting, tolerant and understanding
- To be honest and faithful
- To stay together for life
- To bring happiness and laughter into the marriage
- To be a good friend
- To create a loving and stable relationship
Beauty, Candour, Charisma, Charm, Cheerfulness, Chivalry, Courage, Dependability, Determination, Elegance, Fidelity, Generosity, Gentleness, Grace, Honesty, Humility, Humour, Independence, Innocence, Integrity, Loyalty, Playfulness, Purity, Sense of Humour, Simplicity, Sincerity, Sweetness, Tenderness, Trust, Virtue, Worth.
Ally, Angel, Beloved, Companion, Darling, Dearest, Friend, Goddess, Hero, Lover, Mate, Partner, Play‐fellow, Soulmate, Sweetheart, Treasure.