Give your guests something fabulous to look at and make the whole room come to life with a wow-factor centrepiece to complement your wedding theme.
Your centrepiece is the crowning glory to your reception décor and even if you don’t have the budget to decorate the whole room, an eye-catching centrepiece will do wonders for bringing your reception room to life.
Here are some of my favourite centrepiece ideas:
1. City style topiary tree for a smart New York style wedding look in a range of colours to match every wedding scheme from chocolate brown to hot pink.
Topiary tree: £14.99
2. Crystal twig tree with ribbon-tied labels on to which your guests can write their wishes to you. A wonderful talking point and a sparkly alternative to the guest book.
3. Old fashioned sweetshop style glass jars filled with pretty, colour-coordinated sweets and adorned with fresh or silk flowers. Perfect for anyone having a sweetie buffet and a great favourite with the little ones.
Glass jar £14.99
Sweets bulk buy: From £4.66
4. Vintage style cupcake stands filled with delicious iced cupcakes dressed in pretty wrappers, topped off with fresh flowers.
Cupcake stands from: £9.99
Cupcake wrappers: £5.99 for 10
5. Giant martini glass filled with chocolate balls covered in shiny bright foil for a dramatic and impressive effect. Top with a cascade of flowers in the same colour or wind ivy around the stems to finish.
6. Bronze or ivory birdcages filled with flowers and butterflies for a pretty summer centrepiece.
Birdcages from: £8.99
7. Seashells and star fish presented in a glass bowl half filled with sand and finished with turquoise or blue and green glass beads to catch the light and give a real seaside effect. Finish with a church candle in the centre. The perfect centrepiece for a beach themed wedding.
8. Candelabra with candles in your chosen colour for mood lighting, finished with a spray of ivy or a climbing rose. This candelabra looks stunning with other black accessories and is the ideal choice for a monochrome wedding theme.
9. Giant fruit bowl for a fresh summery feel, a large round glass bowl filled with fruit to match your colour scheme such as juicy green apples or bright yellow lemons, finished with a satin or chiffon ribbon tied into a neat bow. A pale pink ribbon looks perfect with green apples and a rich purple ribbon sets off lemon yellow with flair.
10. And finally – feathers for a flamboyant 1920s style centrepiece with style. A fan of giant ostrich feathers arranged in a tall opaque vase in your chosen colour scheme is guaranteed to make every guest gasp as they enter the room!
Find more great ideas on our Inspiration pages!