Are you currently in the midst of trying to choose your first dance song for your wedding? It can be a tricky decision to make, but we’ve got some info that might help you narrow down your choices.
According to a survey of over 5,500 couples by Onbuy.com, couples who picked a Disney song for their first dance were the most likely to stay married. ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ by Elton John, from the Disney classic The Lion King, is your best bet if you want your marriage to prosper, with 77% of those who shared their first dance to it still happily together.
In total, there are four Disney songs in the top 25 list of wedding songs, and all of them result in happy unions! As well as ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’, popular picks include ‘You’ve Got a Friend in Me’ from Toy Story, ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin (presumably not the Peter Andre & Jordan version…), and ‘You’ll Be in My Heart’ from Tarzan.
Read more: Alternative wedding first dance songs
Other first dance songs that lead to a happy marriage include ‘Isn’t She Lovely’ by Stevie Wonder and ‘The Way You Look Tonight’ by Frank Sinatra, if you want something a bit more grown-up!
On the flip side, some first dance choices seem to reveal the marriage is destined for disaster. Bad news, One Direction fans, but those who picked ‘Little Things’ for their first dance resulted with three quarters of them separating or divorcing.
Jason Mraz’s ‘I’m Yours’ is also a cursed pick, as well as ‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol.
Read more: The cutest Disney readings for your big day
See the full list below:
Top 25 First Dance Songs
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- Your Song – Elton John
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- A Whole New World – Lea Salonga & Brad Kane
- You’ll Be in My Heart – Phil Collins
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- At Last – Etta James
- (Everything I Do) I Do For You – Bryan Adams
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- You Are So Beautiful – Westlife
- Little Things – One Direction
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You – Andy Williams
- Skinny Love – Birdy
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- L -O-V-E – Nat King Cole
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Free Fallin’ – John Mayer
- All of Me – Billie Holiday
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me – Andy Newman
- Stay With You – John Legend
- Everything – Michael Bublé
If this has inspired you, make sure you check out our favourite Disney songs for your wedding!