Getting married in Los Angeles & Disneyland

Fancy a full‐on fairytale Disney wedding, or would you prefer getting hitched amongst Hollywood’s stars?

Why get married in Los Angeles and Disneyland?


Why get married in Los Angeles and Disneyland?

Wherever you go, you’ll find beautiful weather and beautiful people. Hollywood is capital of the movie world, while Beverley Hills is thronged with stars. Disneyland, meanwhile, is home to Mickey Mouse!

Los Angeles is the largest city in California, set on the southern coast of California, 75 miles north Mexico and 400 miles south of San Francisco. The Pacific coast bounds it on the west and the San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains form the border to the east.

Along the Pacific shore, Malibu and Santa Monica are the best‐known high‐class beach resorts, while Venice Beach is better known for the bikini roller blade set.

What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in Los Angeles and Disneyland?

A full‐on fairytale wedding is available in Disneyland, while Los Angeles offers a huge choice of sunny weddings. You can choose to marry in a chapel, in beautiful gardens, or star in your own blockbuster in Hollywood.

Ordained ministers of a church, judicial officers, clerks of the circuit courts and notaries of the state can perform legally recognised marriage ceremonies.

Is it wedding weather?

Max temp (°F)*646465676972767576737167
Sunshine hours*78991010121110988
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

11 hours

What’s the time difference?

‐8 hours

Do I need a visa to enter the country?

US visa or waiver form required

What’s the wedding paperwork? 

  • Residency Y ou do not need to provide proof of residency to marry in LA.
  • Medical checks None required.
  • Proof of ID Y ou must provide proof of identity in the form of your passport or driver’s licence.
  • Divorced If you are divorced you must have a copy of your final divorce decree that clearly indicates the date and place that the decree is registered.
  • Widowed Y ou must produce the death certificate of your former spouse.
  • Age restrictions You need to be at least 18 to marry without parental consent.

How do I obtain a marriage licence?

Your licence may be obtained up to 90 days before your wedding date and you must both be present with the necessary documents when you make the application. See below for details of the main marriage license office. A marriage licence can usually be obtained on the same day provided it is collected by 2pm, and costs $25.

Where can I find further information?

Main Marriage License Office
2400 Imperial Highway
Tel: 001‐562 462 2137
Hours: 8am‐3pm Monday to Friday

American Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
Tel: 0207 499 9000

California Tourism

Los Angeles Tourism

Disney Weddings


confetti makes reasonable efforts to obtain data from reliable sources and to keep the contents reasonably accurate. However, specifications and requirements may change and confetti cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content or information. We strongly advise you to consult other sources of information including the embassies or consulates of the countries in question or local lawyers.

Find Wedding Ideas, Inspiration, Venues and Services

mail icon

Subscribe to our Network

Stay connected with our network and get all the best Wedding Planning, Inspiration and Competitions directly into your inbox.