Getting married in St. Kitts and Nevis

An island haven that’s perfect for an undisturbed tropical wedding

Why get married in St. Kitts and Nevis?

A little off the beaten track, with an unhurried way of life and a welcome unrivalled in the Caribbean, St. Kitts offers just about everything except the crowds. The island is a scenically and historically fascinating haven, with some quietly some excellent restaurants and even a casino. Just a two‐mile ferry ride away, Nevis offers the real Caribbean where total relaxation is the order of the day.


What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in St. Kitts and Nevis?

The choice is yours ‐‐ your ceremony could be held in the grounds of your hotel, in a church of almost any denomination, amongst historic ruins, in a rustic gazebo in a picturesque garden and, of course, on the beach.

Is it wedding weather?

Max temp (°F)*808182838485868686858482
Sunshine hours*778888887777
Rainfall (inches)*422244456654
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

9 hours

What’s the time difference?

GMT ‐4

Do I need a visa to enter the country?


What’s the wedding paperwork?

  • Residency One or both of you must be resident on the islands for two working days (Monday to Friday) prior to your marriage.
  • Proof of ID You’ll need to have your birth certificates and a valid passport.
  • Divorced If either of you are divorced the Decree Absolute with court stamp will be required.
  • Widowed If you are widowed the Death Certificate of your deceased spouse must be produced.
  • Age restrictions If you are under 18, parental consent in the form of Statutory Declaration, stamped and signed by a solicitor, must be provided.
  • Name change If your name has been changed by Deed Poll you must provide legal proof, stamped and signed by a solicitor. This also applies if a married woman has reverted back to her maiden name.
  • Adopted If you are adopted you will need to provide the adoption certificate.

How do I obtain a marriage licence?

There are two types of marriage licences that are available on the islands: Ordinary and Special.

For an Ordinary Licence, one of you has to be resident in St. Kitts or Nevis for 15 days prior to the date of the licence application. For a Special Licence, one of you has to be resident in St. Kitts or Nevis for two working days prior to the date of your wedding.

Application forms for the licence must be obtained from the legal department on the islands (for addresses, see Where can I find further information?).

The application forms must be completed and signed in the presence of a Justice of Peace. The completed forms must be returned to the Legal Department. The whole process will take two working days.

Where can I find further information?

St Kitts and Nevis Tourist Office
10 Kensington Court
W8 5DL
Tel: 020 7376 0881

St. Kitts Tourism Authority
Pelican Mall
Bay Road
P.O. Box 132
St. Kitts
Tel: 001 869 465 4040

Licence applications ‐‐ St. Kitts:
Government Headquarters
Church Street
Tel: 001 869 465 2521

Licence applications ‐‐ Nevis:
Legal Office
Government Road


confetti makes reasonable efforts to obtain data from reliable sources and to keep the contents reasonably accurate. However, specifications and requirements may change and confetti cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content or information. We strongly advise you to consult other sources of information including the embassies or consulates of the countries in question or local lawyers.

Find Wedding Ideas, Inspiration, Venues and Services

mail icon

Subscribe to our Network

Stay connected with our network and get all the best Wedding Planning, Inspiration and Competitions directly into your inbox.