Getting married in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Glamorous and exotic, a wedding here could be the perfect start to your married life together

Why get married in St Vincent and the Grenadines?

St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a beautiful group of 32 islands in the Caribbean. Bequia and Mustique are the best known: Mustique is a haven for the rich and famous, while Bequia is a relatively undiscovered natural gem with beautiful white sandy beaches, where you can still experience the traditional Caribbean lifestyle with small and friendly hotels, villas and apartments. The Grenadines are also famous as a yachting destination.


Getting here is easy ‐‐ fly direct to Barbados then take a connecting flight to most of the Grenadine Islands. There is a residency requirement of one day ‐ you may then apply for your license the next working day, a process which takes only a couple of hours. You can then be married at the location of your choice.

What kind of wedding ceremony can I have in St Vincent and the Grenadines?

Civil or religious ceremonies can take place at the location of your choice ‐‐ on a beautiful white sandy beach, in a tropical garden, on top of a hill with wonderful views over the Grenadine islands, even aboard your yacht.

St. Vincent and the Grenadines has a variety of different religions that all have different requirement for getting married in church. For Catholic Church weddings, for instance, you will be required to provide on arrival:

  • Letters of freedom to marry from your local priest.
  • Confirmation that you have attended Marriage classes.
  • Birth and Baptism certificates.

To find out more, see Where can I find further information?

Is it wedding weather?

Max temp (°F)*838385868686868686868583
Sunshine hours*999999999999
Rainfall (inches)*211124446683
*Average daily max temp (°F)
*Average daily sunshine hours
*Average monthly rainfall (inches)

What’s the flight time?

8 hours, London to Barbados, then 50 minutes to St Vincents

What’s the time difference?

GMT ‐ 4

Do I need a visa to enter the country?


What’s the wedding paperwork? 

  • Residency: One day’s residency is required.
  • Proof of ID: You’ll need to show a valid passport.
  • Divorced: You’ll nee to produce your final divorce absolute papers.
  • Widowed: Bring your spouse’s death certificate.
  • Age restrictions: If you are under 18 you’ll need your parents to sign their consent on your license application form.

How do I obtain a marriage certificate?

This is obtained in Kingstown, St Vincent (if you’re staying in Bequia, you’ll need to take the one‐hour ferry). You can apply for and obtain your licence one day after arrival in the country providing it is a working day. There is a fee to pay for the certificate and stamps.

Where can I find further information? 

SVG Tourism
PO Box 109
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Tel: 001 784 4573209
Fax: 001 784 4573505

Bequia tourist board


confetti makes reasonable efforts to obtain data from reliable sources and to keep the contents reasonably accurate. However, specifications and requirements may change and confetti cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content or information. We strongly advise you to consult other sources of information including the embassies or consulates of the countries in question or local lawyers.

Find Wedding Ideas, Inspiration, Venues and Services

mail icon

Subscribe to our Network

Stay connected with our network and get all the best Wedding Planning, Inspiration and Competitions directly into your inbox.