You just made one of the biggest decisions of your life – you’re getting married. And now you have to decide where you wish to host the celebration of your union: at home or abroad? Make your wedding a truly memorable occasion with the help of a professional wedding planner or with our inspiration and advice. Discover the beauty of Greek Island weddings by Marryme in Greece.
You’ve announced that you’re getting married, and now everybody is giving you advice and telling you about his/her experience. As much as you appreciate this, you want to decide with your fiancé and design the event of your life. Maybe you want a destination wedding because you only want family and friends around you or perhaps you don’t know where to start. If you are asking yourself: ‘Where should I hold my wedding?’ then this is where a destination wedding planner is worth their weight in gold as they can help you to choose:
- An easily-accessible destination
- A place where accommodation is for all pockets
- A place where there’s a choice of a lot of venues
- A place with romantic scenery
- A place that is perhaps a cheaper alternative than having a wedding in your own country
For many, a holiday in the Greek Islands is an ultimate dream. So by you hosting your wedding in such a glorious location, it allows you to combine your destination wedding with a magnificent holiday abroad! Santorini, Mykonos and Athens are all stunning locations, and there are direct fights from the UK all year round. Boat connections from Piraeus to the islands of Santorini or Mykonos are very good during the summer time too.
It is recommended to use Greek wedding planner for a Greek wedding. They should offer good rates and include some services in their wedding packages. Usually they can negotiate for you a price for the accommodation, if you decide you want everyone to stay in one place.
Bear in mind, when spending, that your guests may end up spending quite a lot of money to follow you at the destination wedding. It might be nice to treat them.
- You could offer traditional Greek food – it’s cheaper and very tasty.
- Offer a welcome drink, drinks during the meal and after.
- Discuss with your wedding planner your budget and let them negotiate with the caterers/ venues on your behalf and they will find places which suit your wedding budget
- Ask your wedding planner to give you ideas for cute and cheap traditional favours. That will take away dome stress over what you could offer as favours, how you might take them with you, and how much it might cost you for taking the extra weight abroad with you.
- The day after the wedding you could offer either a boat trip or a nice barbecue in a beach bar, maybe some cooking lessons a wine tasting in a local winery.
When do I start planning my destination wedding?
To be safe, it would be advisable to start your planning a year or so in advance to save both time and money. Contact or find your wedding planner, discuss your dream location with them, and let them know your budget, what time of the year you want, and how many guests will be attending. They should then propose various venue opportunities to you.
What services are available and what should I expect?
- Discuss what legalities are needed with your wedding planner and, if you can, include this service in your wedding package.
- After you choose your dream destination, ask your wedding planner for information on available services in teh area such as hair and make up specialists, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Try and come to a decision on your bridal bouquet, book the accommodation, finalize the wedding venue and book hair and make up 6-9 months prior to the wedding.
Pre-wedding meeting with your planner?
It’s definitely a good idea. Although everything is planned and decided, services are booked, and you have spoken with your wedding planner over the phone/video-call several times, it’s still important that you meet them before your wedding. They will discuss the fine details with you, and you and your family can get familiar with them. An in-the-flesh meeting is far more personal as well.
Now relax and dream your wedding – it will undoubtedly be a magnificent, once-in-a-lifetime experience not only for you and your fiancée, but for all of your family and friends as well.
Enjoy your wedding in Greece!
Marryme in Greece is a specialized destination, boutique wedding planning company for the Greek islands. They serve several locations and organize all kinds of weddings.