Here’s a rundown of what’s expected of you, if you’re stepping into the breach and making a wedding speech
- Introduce yourself and explain briefly your relationship to the bride (and groom).
- If one of the bride or groom’s parents has passed away, you should honour them in your speech.
- Thank the guests for joining the celebrations.
- Thank all those who have paid for any part of the wedding and helped to organise the day.
- Compliment the bride.
- Welcome the groom.
- Propose a toast to the bride and groom.