Make your party the talk of the town with our great New Year’s Eve canapé recipes…
Smoked salmon bruschetta
- 450g salmon fillets, cooked
- 225g smoked salmon, diced
- 60ml mayonnaise
- 1 head roasted garlic or 1 raw clove garlic, minced
- 15ml lemon juice
- 30ml capers, well-drained
- 30ml each of chopped fresh basil and chives
- 15ml each of fresh thyme and rosemary
- 24 slices of crusty bread, lightly toasted
- 24 thin quarter lemon slices
- Flake cooked salmon fillets into small pieces. Gently mix with smoked salmon pieces.
- Place mayonnaise in small bowl. Squeeze roasted garlic into mayonnaise and blend in with lemon juice.
- Toss fish with mayonnaise, capers and herbs. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture on each piece of bread and garnish with herbs and very thin lemon slices.
Mini caesar salads
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 little gem/cos lettuce, finely shredded
- 3-4 anchovies (either tinned or from a jar, preferably unsalted) drained and chopped
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-5 tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg (optional)
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper
- To serve:
- 15-20 canapé bases (either buy ready cooked mini croustades or vol-au-vents or make your own mini bread discs by cutting rounds in slices of bread with a pastry cutter, brushing them with olive oil and baking in the oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown)
- Rub mixing bowl with garlic. Shred the lettuce very finely, add the chopped anchovies and the grated cheese.
- For the dressing mix one raw egg yolk (optional), the olive oil, the sour cream and a dash of lemon juice. Stir into the lettuce.
- Spoon onto the pastry cases and serve.